Journey Through Dementia – Coffs Harbour
September 21, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm| $55
Take a “Journey Through Dementia” with Dr Vaibhav Tyagi and 18 guest speakers.
This educational event would benefit those who want to know more about Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, risk factors, how to reduce the risk of developing dementia and to optimise care for someone with dementia, and those interested in being a part of an ongoing first of its kind, health promotion regional forum. CPD points are available for nursing staff.
What will you experience?
- A unique not-for-profit event organised by a medical specialist in dementia, free from corporate sponsorship and bias.
- Based on scientific evidence delivering practical knowledge which could be applied immediately to improve care of a person.
- Presentation by 18 experts in their field in relation to dementia care.
- Alzheimer’s disease: What and where, how and why?
- Learn about memory and brain function, what is dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and different types of dementias.
- Risk factors and what you can do to reduce the risk of developing dementia.
- Learn about medical, physical, psychological, social and legal dimensions of care.
- Discuss frequent problems such as falls, driving safety, medication management and many others.
- Includes concepts such as Montessori principles.
- Aimed at empowering the community to better understand dementia, provide person centred care, and to help make dementia friendly communities and society.
- Information stalls and information on assistive technology.
- Opportunity to ask questions during question and answer time.
- At the end of the seminar be introduced to the concept that has enabled centenarians all around the world in the so-called “Blue Zones” to lead an active, healthy and happy life.
- The opportunity to join a community forum to be initiated by Dr Tyagi to promote health and well-being in our region.
For enquiries and registrations call 02 66500921 or 0434 863 701.