This website is presented by North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) for the purpose of disseminating information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
NCPHN does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or on any linked site.
NCPHN recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of this website and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes.
The material on this website is a summary only of the subject matter covered and is not intended to be nor should be relied on as a substitute for proper medical advice. Users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material on this website may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of NCPHN, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
This website contains links to other websites that are external to NCPHN. NCPHN takes reasonable care in linking to websites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit.
NCPHN applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user’s transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
NCPHN does not warrant or represent that the material will not cause damage, or is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors. NCPHN accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer system, software or data.
NCPHN is not liable to users of the material for any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use of the material.
Any content, views, opinions and/or responses to questions uploaded, expressed or submitted by the creators, sponsors, advertisers or users of social media services utilised by NCPHN, other than the content provided by NCPHN, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of NCPHN. NCPHN is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services.
Social media services may occasionally be unavailable and NCPHN accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
While NCPHN will endeavour to maintain the currency and accuracy of information published via social media services, NCPHN does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information available on its social media channels.
NCPHN, its staff, agents and contractors, accept no liability in any way for the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle. Users should check the accuracy and currency of information before taking any action. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We may include links to other web pages, but these links are not an endorsement of those pages. NCPHN is not responsible for the content of any web site not operated by NCPHN.
While NCPHN does not wish to stifle conversation on social media sites, users must not post or upload any comments or links to NCPHN-managed social media pages that are unlawful, or may defame, discriminate, offend, interfere with privacy or infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights. NCPHN reserves the right to moderate comments and may remove any comments that, in NCPHN’s opinion, are inappropriate.
The Australian Government and Facebook have strict guidelines on discrimination and intimidation. Therefore, we take a strong stance on deleting content which is discriminatory, hateful or threatening and actions which may offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate.
When contributing your views to NCPHN social media services, please ensure that you:
- Do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments, (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- Do post material to the forum that is relevant to the issues being consulted on
- Do represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others
- Do not make defamatory or slanderous comments
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- Do not use obscene or offensive language
- Do not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- Do not post multiple versions of the same view to the forum
- Do not incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the forum
- Do not post comments promoting personal professional interests
- Do not include internet addresses, videos, images or any email addresses, in your contribution
- Do not post overtly party political comment (e.g. reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties).
Do not post anything which:
- Racially or religiously vilifies others
- Incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others
- Is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
NCPHN does not undertake to inform users when their comments and posts are moderated, however we will warn and take appropriate action to suspend and expel users who regularly and consistently submit inappropriate content. Repeat offenders may be blocked from using NCPHN’s social media services indefinitely.