The Australian Dietary Guidelines provide advice on the types and amounts of foods to promote health and well-being based on best available scientific evidence.
The guidelines include:
- Choose amounts of nutritious food and drinks to meet your energy needs to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious food from the five food groups everyday and drink plenty of water
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fats, added salt, added sugars and alcohol
- Encourage, support and promote breastfeeding
- Care for your food; prepare and store safely
Click on the resource links to find out more information about healthy eating.